Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a waste

I chose my OBGYN based on the fact that he delivers at St. Elizabeth's (where my son was born) and that he believes in VBACs. I wasn't that happy with him because he never really seemed to listen to what I had to say, but those things were important to me. But after my last two "appointments" I decided I could give in on the hospital.

I went in for my yearly exam and it was the usual, undress and he'll be in shortly. After over an hour of sitting in the exam room he still hadn't come in, but neither had a nurse to let me know what was going on. About 15 minutes later a lady walks in and says "Dr. Hucker can't be here today, I'm the midwife for this practice, is it ok if I do your exam?" Sure, whatever. Just wanted to get out of there.

And that brings me to the absolute final straw, I had called a couple weeks ago after I'd found out my 9th month was a waste. I told them i'd been trying for 9 months and they told me they would run some tests. (like I mentioned in my last post) My (ex doctor) is in Belleville, IL and I live in Imperial. That's a 45 minutes drive. I make that drive and pay a 20 copay. I get in there and all the jackass tells me is that I have to wait 15 months of trying before they will run tests. Why couldn't I have heard that for free over the phone? I found a new doctor later that day and I have my first appointment June 6th for a new patient consultant. If I'm not pregnant already, they said they will do an ultrasound to make sure everything is open as it should be.

We shall see what this month holds in less than 2 weeks. I got a postive OPK on Easter, and I did some checking and with my LMP my EDD would be 1-13-12 (not that I would give birth on time) but that is my son's 3rd birthday. Maybe those two things are signs? Maybe its wishful thinking? Probably more the latter, but I can't allow myself to think negatively because it won't happen if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment